29 Sep 5 Things to Check Before Calling Your Furnace Technician
If you’re having trouble with your furnace, heat pump or heating system here are a few simple tips to try before setting up a service appointment.
1. Check to make sure that the thermostat is set in the HEAT position.
2. Make sure that the temperature setting on the thermostat is set HIGHER than the current indoor temperature.
3. Ensure that there’s power to the furnace:
* Try turning the fan to “ON” on the thermostat to test for power to furnace.
* If no action, reset the breakers at the electrical panel, especially if the thermostat is showing a blank reading.
4. Is there any air coming out of your vents?
*Check all return air grilles and registers. Make sure they are not blocked by furniture and are open and blowing air.
5. Check to see if your filter needs to be changed.
*They should be changed about once a month to ensure peak performance in your comfort system. When thinking about changing your filter don’t forget to include any time that there is a high volume of foot traffic.
*Holidays and times when doors will be open more often might require you change the filter more, as well as pet dander.
We also offer our exclusive Essential Filter Program. When you sign up, your filter will be automatically sent directly to your doorstep every 6 months. To order, call today 800.659.3491.
For more information on what to do before calling a furnace technician, view our informational video.
If all of these things are in working order then it’s time to call Airtron at for a complete inspection of your furnace unit. Don’t attempt to try to diagnose any serious issues. Not only could you hurt yourself or others, you could void the warranty on your furnace and may be responsible for major repairs.