17 Apr Spring Energy-Saving Tips for Your San Antonio Home
This spring, as it gets hotter outdoors, you’ll have ample opportunity to save more energy in your San Antonio home. Here are some easy home energy-saving tips you can put in place today:
Spring Energy-Saving Tips
- Use natural ventilation. When the weather gets comfortable, open up windows and let fresh air ventilate your home. Spring is a wonderful time to open windows as soon as you awake, and let cool morning air into your home. This will delay the point in the day when you must turn on your A/C. Remember to close your windows before the sun goes down.
- Use fans to help with spring cooling. A ceiling fan delivers a cooling wind-chill effect in the home. This allows you to put off running your A/C or to set it a few degrees higher than you might ordinarily. Be sure to set the fan rotation on counterclockwise, so the air is blowing downward.
- Install a programmable thermostat. If you don’t, keep adjusting your standard thermostat to increase energy savings. You don’t need to cool or heat your living space completely when nobody’s home during the day, and many people don’t mind cooler temperatures at night during the spring.
- Seal air leaks in your home’s exterior envelope. When it starts getting hot outside, warm air will seep into your home, forcing your A/C to work harder and waste energy. Make sure to replace worn or missing weatherstripping on any door jambs and windows, and use caulk or expanding spray foam to seal visible gaps and cracks in your home’s exterior.
- Schedule spring maintenance. A great energy-saving tip is to schedule a spring maintenance tune-up for your air conditioning system. This will make your system ready to perform reliably and efficiently throughout the spring and summer.
For more spring energy-saving tips, please contact Airtron Heating & Air Conditioning in the San Antonio area.