11 Feb You Should Invest in Preventive HVAC Maintenance
As a homeowner, you count on the fact that your heating and cooling systems will run efficiently and effectively. However, unless you’re taking the necessary steps to ensure proper performance you might be wasting money on energy bills while putting premature wear and tear on your equipment. Preventive HVAC maintenance is an absolute must-do for any savvy homeowner looking to protect their home comfort system investment. Learn more about how a preventive maintenance contract could benefit you.
Preventive Maintenance for Heating Systems
Furnace maintenance should occur ideally before you first turn on your heating system for the season. A professional should:
- Check thermostat settings.
- Inspect vents for any leaks or blockages.
- Ensure there are no signs of corrosion or cracks are evident on the heat exchanger.
- Verify proper ignition on the furnace burner.
- Lubricate all of the moving parts.
- Check all electrical components.
- Inspect for any signs of wear on belts.
- Verify system operation.
- Clean or change the air filter.
Preventive Maintenance for Cooling Systems
A professional should be scheduled to perform A/C maintenance before the summer cooling season. This maintenance should include:
- Verifying your thermostat settings.
- Checking all controls and safety switches or controls.
- Cleaning the condenser coil.
- Verifying the refrigerant charge.
- Lubricating all moving parts.
- Verifying the electrical connections.
- Inspecting and adjusting belts.
- Cleaning and inspecting motors.
- Checking the condensate drain.
- Verifying system operation.
- Cleaning or changing the air filter.
The Value of a Professional Preventive Maintenance Contract
Although the idea of investing your money in setting up a professional service contract may seem like just another expense to worry about, having such an agreement in place can be a lifesaver. Not only will annual system checkups improve your home comfort levels, but they will also extend the life of your equipment, reduce your monthly energy bills, and help preserve any warranty coverage that is contingent upon regular maintenance.
Don’t wait another moment to set up a preventive HVAC maintenance contract. Reach out to Airtron Heating and Cooling to get started today. We’re happy to serve the home comfort needs of residents of the greater San Antonio area.